We are currently teaching Music Theory Lessons Online
Music Theory Classes
Music Theory provides students with the skills needed to read and write music notation. It covers material such as pitches, scales, rhythm, phrases and harmony.
- Music Theory is all about the nuts and bolts of how music works.
- Which notes make up a chord and which chords sound good with each other.
- What all the dots and squiggles mean.
- How to read and how to write music.
- Music Theory is about understanding how it all fits together.
- It helps with your playing.
- It helps with writing songs or music of your own.
- It helps you get through the supporting tests in your practical music exams.
Here at AS Music School after Grade 2 is achieved on your instrument or voice, students need to take theory exams in order to progress to their next practical grades.
See the table for how it works:
|Practical Grade Achieved||Theory Grade needed before taking next Practical Grade|
|6||5 or GCSE|
|7 & 8||5 or GCSE